Time of the test

that which may, or may not, be in version 2.0!
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Time of the test

Post by DiVe »

Dear Colleagues,
I just found an unsolved requirement that has been present in the 1.x version and is still not solved in the 2.x proposal.

For component testing people precess several tests a day and so it is needed not only to save the "Date of the test" in the Test Descriptor File but also the "Time of the test".
Actually there is only a timestamp available. But this timestamp is renewed every time the dataset is processed with adequate software. I guess we need to extend the RED A 1.2 for time values ( hh:mm:ss) and to include this type of descriptor.

In the 2.x proposal we have introduce a "Time zone" descriptor. For the above issue we should also discuss if this descriptor is supplied to further describe the "Timestamp" or even better for the "Time of the test". If the later is true then we need to discuss if we also would like to provide information on the time zone related to the Timestamp. In a global context of data generation, processing and storage this might be needed.
My proposal is not to flood the Test Descriptor file with to many additional descriptors for this but may use an alternative stile of providing the Timestamp with the time Zone attached. like:

Code: Select all

Date of the test            :2012-11-05
Time of the test            :14:01:03 [GMT+1]
Timestamp                   :2012-11-05 14:22:40 [GMT+1]

So we could get rid of the separate time zone descriptor but supply the information related to the given time information.
What do you think?

Bye,
Dirk

Return to “MME 2.0 discussion”