SIDIIs FineLoc1 and 2 for thorax locations

Help in understanding TS 13499
seralo
Company: CIDAUT

SIDIIs FineLoc1 and 2 for thorax locations

Post by seralo »

I have doubts about SID IIs dummy ISO label for Abdominal and Toracic Rib: Fine location 1 and Fine Location 2 have different rules than the rest of side impact dummies.
Reading carefully the last published ISO TC 22 / SC 12 WG3 (ISO/TS 13499 - 2007) I could noticed confusion regarding the Calculated Value Codes 'VCCR', 'VCAR' and the related channels 'TRRI' and 'ABRI'.
FineLoc1 must be LE or RI for VCCR and VCAR (for side impact dummies) and 01, 02, 03 for FineLoc2. This is a strict rule in the Calculated Values Codes and Channels version 1.5.
The confusion comes from the rest of the documents 'Channel Codes' and 'figures' in which the FineLoc1 and FineLoc2 are exchanged for SID IIs dummy (abdominal and Toracic Ribs).
The rest of side impact dummies (like ES2) use FineLoc1 for LE and RI locations and UP,MI, LO in Fineloc2.

Example:
??TRRI01LES2DSYC ----->??VCCR01LES2VEYX BUT it is mandatory ??VCCRLE01S2VEYX according RED E DOCUMENT (2007 v1.5)
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Re: SIDIIs FineLoc1 and 2 for thorax locations

Post by DiVe »

Hello,
I understand that this is confusing. Sorry.
You are right that the FineLoc 01 and 02 are problematic for the SID IIs related to the given rule for the V*C Criterion codes. The SID IIs has a "abnormal" coding for the rib deflection according to the "coding rules" (FL 01 = Side (LE/RI) and FL 02 = Height Level (UP/MI/LO or 01/02/03)).
As we ones recognised that the historic coding for the SID IIs is different from the other dummies it has already been in use for a long time. Therefore we decided not to change the coding.
Nevertheless the later introduced coding for the calculated channels is not intended to stay with a special coding for the SID IIs for the mathematical channels. Therefore the coding must exchange the FL 01 and Fl 02 Codes while generating the V*C channel or V*C CVC result channel codes:

??TRRI01LES2DSY? ----->?VCCRLE01S2VEYX
??TRRI02LES2DSY? ----->?VCCRLE02S2VEYX
??TRRI03LES2DSY? ----->?VCCRLE03S2VEYX
or
??TRRI01RIS2DSY? ----->?VCCRRI01S2VEYX
??TRRI02RIS2DSY? ----->?VCCRRI02S2VEYX
??TRRI03RIS2DSY? ----->?VCCRRI03S2VEYX

A similar rule can be applied for the abdominal ribs (if you intend to calculate V*C for abdominal ribs).

Have a look in the RED E that can be found on this server. There is the SID IIs explicitly mentioned for VCCR.
(http://www.iso-mme.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38)

I hope that clarified the usage?

Kind regards,
Dirk Vetter
seralo
Company: CIDAUT

Re: SIDIIs FineLoc1 and 2 for thorax locations

Post by seralo »

Thank you !

Return to “Clarification”