E2 diagrams

Paul Wellicome
Company: HORIBA MIRA Ltd

E2 diagrams

Post by Paul Wellicome »

Here is the first revision of the E2 diagrams, ready for tomorrow's meeting.

I still wonder about the lever arms, resultants, force sums etc. Is it the intention that the lever arms’ values be stated on the figure, rather than trying to show it physically on the figure? Or should we simply refer people to RED(E) - calculated channels for these?

Is there any mileage in combining some of these REDs? For example, RED(B), RED(C) and RED(E) all give details for the different ATDs. If we were to combine them, we could have a section on each dummy with 1) Figure 2) Possible Channels and 3) calculated channels, so that all this information is together, rather than having to read three PDFs to see everything related to a dummy. It might get a bit big, I suppose and various bits might get repeated as they're common across dummies...
Attachments
ISO-E2_20101213_3.pdf
E2: page 3 of 3
(525.13 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
ISO-E2_20101213_2.pdf
E2: page 2 of 3
(523.72 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
ISO-E2_20101213_1.pdf
E2: page 1 of 3
(535.74 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Paul.
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Re: E2 diagrams

Post by DiVe »

Hello Paul,
I think it is quite a good idea to provide some combined information for a dummy. Actually I can imagine that we offer a combination of RED B and RED C.
RED E is not dummy specific. There are just some comments and examples at the CVC's but no complete tables for the different dummies. In principle that would be a good idea but a lot of work. On the other hand the database might be a good location to provide more specific CVC codes for the dummy. Actually their are also here given in a more general style in the possible channels table.

So in a short term (for the 1.6 release) we might offer a combined output of the possible channel table RED B and the corresponding figures for a specific dummy.

Bye,
Dirk

Return to “Euro SID (E1, E2, ER)”