Proper use of Data Status codes

Help in understanding TS 13499
Miguel A Gallego
Company: Applus IDIADA Group

Proper use of Data Status codes

Post by Miguel A Gallego »

Dear colleagues,

I would like you to clarify the proper use of data status as the use of them could be open to interpretation. The Data Status are shown in the table 2.5
Data Status.png
Data Status.png (16.63 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

Our interpretation is the explained below:

“channel failed” vs “no data”
- Channel failed: Can only be used if all samples are set to NOVALUE. This status will be set after processing the data. Once the data is analyzed and decided that something went wrong all samples are set to NOVALUE.
- No data: I guess no data is more or less the same than “channel failed” but channel data is empty for “no data” meanwhile for “channel failed” is NOVALUE for every time step

At this point I would like to ask, why would somebody needs a status as “no data”? I can not imagine a situation where we would need this status if we already have “Channel failed” status. Is there any other difference between them that I have not considered? If so, please, would you be so kind to explain it?

“meaningless data” vs “questionable data”
- Meaningless data: This status must be used when some samples (could be all samples as well) in the data channel are meaningless but those wrong samples are not set to NOVALUE. This status will be useful to deliver raw data coming straight from the data acquisition system and informing in the remarks where the data is meaningless. For instance: 10VEHC000000ACXP: meaningless data from 50.0 ms to 350.0 ms
- Questionable data: Must be used the same way than “meaningless data” but the questionable data must be always set to NOVALUE. In this status, the “wrong” data can´t remain in the data channel. This status must be used when data has been processed.

Are the explanations detailed before correct?

To conclude, we would like to know why is the status “system failed” intended for? Looks similar to “no data” but is not clear the situation where this status should be used.

Best regards

Miguel Ángel
Sebastian Rings

Re: Proper use of Data Status codes

Post by Sebastian Rings »

Here is a porposal discussed at the meeting on 2022-06-02:
MME_DataStatus.xlsx
Data Status with decision matrix
(12.56 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian Rings

Post by Sebastian Rings »

Here is the latest version as discussed on our last meeting 2022-12-14.
Attachments
MME_DataStatus.xlsx
(13.28 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Post by DiVe »

Dear all,

when we alter the parameter table for Data Status, we need to combine this with a "version change".
This will allow to decide which table is used/valid.
We have applied the last change of the Data Status table from V1.4 to 1.5 (adding "linearised data").

We should discuss in the next meeting if we will go for version 1.7 or to a 1.6.3 subversion.
As the table is also included in the Version 2.x we can change here RED A to 2.2 or 2.1.1.
Finally we will then need two variants of RED A that includes these changes.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Return to “Clarification”