Moving Average - How to code ?

Help in understanding TS 13499
Matthieu_L
Company: CEESAR

Moving Average - How to code ?

Post by Matthieu_L »

Hello there,

I am processing signals from video tracking, which sampling step is 1 kHz.
The channel names of course end by the 'V' digit, to explicitly says the origin of the signal.

However, there is noise in some signals, part of which can be attributed to uncertainty in the tracking of the target.

I'd like to apply a moving average over a 3 ms time window on this kind of signal. How should I mention this processing in the new channel ?
- A new digit at the end of the channel title ? i.e. replacing "V" by another one ? (all the fine locations digits are used)
- An information in the channel header ? But I don't think there is an existing line for that. Am I allowed to add a special line ?

Many thanks in advance,

Matthieu
(Research engineer at CEESAR)
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Re: Moving Average - How to code ?

Post by DiVe »

Dear Matthieu,

- A new digit at the end of the channel title ? i.e. replacing "V" by another one ? (all the fine locations digits are used)
That would be difficult as there might be different intervals used in the moving average. Actually, i expect that most
video tracking data is smoothed in a way.

- An information in the channel header ? But I don't think there is an existing line for that. Am I allowed to add a special line ?
It is valid to add additonal descriptor lines in a file. If you exchange this information with other parties you can used an agreed descriptor name.
Typically additional descriptors ( in V 1.x) start with a dot, to highlight the special kind of descriptor.

Do you have a proposal for the additional information descriptor?

Kind regards,
Dirk

Return to “Clarification”