- The naming of the channels should describe the structure of the dummy as a measurement device.
- The MainLocation should describe the position of the sensor.
- The FineLocation1 should describe the most significant spatial orientation of the channel.
- The FineLocation2 should describe the less significant characteristic of the channel location or property
- The FineLocation3 is identical to the dummy code.
Left/Right information in FL1 for side crash dummies
Left/Right information in FL1 for legs
Upper/Lower information in FL1 for necks
For historical reasons some aberrations from this rules are possible (see coding of the S2 rib displacement).