Biofidelic Dummies

Suggestions for new codes
Sebastian Rings

Biofidelic Dummies

Post by Sebastian Rings »

Hello,

The company CTS Crashtest-Service provides biofidelic dummies which can be equipped with sensors.
Information is available here: https://www.crashtest-service.com/en/bi ... -overview/

I have a customer using such a dummy for pedestrian impact tests (a driving car is impacting the dummy). This dummy is equipped with accelerometers in the head, chest and pelvis and angular rate sensors in the head.

The customer asked for codes for the dummies. The important code is that for the dummy (fine location 3). I think all others parts of the code are the same as for other dummies.

My first idea was "BF" (BioFidel). But I think we should be prepared for a family of this kind of dummies. Unfortunately the "B" codes are widely used for other items, perhaps we can use some "F" (Fidelic) codes like "F1", "F2" etc. and "FF" (female 5%), "FM" (95%) or "FA", "FB" etc.. It would be good to know more about the future goals of CTS, which kind of dummies they have in mind.

Your ideas are welcome.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian Rings

Re: Biofidelic Dummies

Summary of the discussion of the ISO-MME taskforce meeting 2023-11-20:

We looked for a group of fine locations (starting with the same character) that enables a lot of combinations. In the following the groups we discussed:

- B? : Biofidelic, but this group is widely used so that there are only a few free codes available
- C? : this is the first group enabling a lot of combinations
As the dummy is currently available in two versions, PRIMUS breakable and PRIMUS unbreakable:
- F? : breakable (Fracture)
- U? : Unbreakable
Ideas for the second charater:
- ?F : 5%
- ?3 : 50%
- ?M : 95%
- ?1, ?2, ... and ?A, ?B, ... : child dummies

We decided for contacting the manufacturer to find out what their plans were for the future.
Sebastian Rings

Today I talked to Dr. Dobberstein, CEO of CTS dummy-solution GmbH & Co. KG.
Here some notes:
Currently the PRIMUS dummy is available in two variants: "breakable" and "unbreakable" with different dynamic behaviour (due to breaking of bones). These dummies represent a 50% male.
The next variant probably will be a 5% female dummy.

Regarding the coding we should distinguish between different sizes (50%, 5%, 95%, children) and male/female.
As proposed before for "breakable" we could use "F" and "unbreakable" "U".
5%: "S" (small)
50%: "M" (mid-size, male), perhaps "F" (mid-size, female)
95%: "L" (large) or "T" (tall)
children: 0-9,A
DiVe
Company: IAT mbh

Post by DiVe »

After the discussion in the ISO MME Task Force (2024-02-14) I have added the following FL3 code entries to the database 1.6.3p1:
BioFidel-Dummies_FL3.png
BioFidel-Dummies_FL3.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Next steps could be:
  • a list of measurements that could be added to the possible channel table
  • a shape/scetch of the dummy to prepare the figure for the RED C
Kind regards,
Dirk

Return to “Additional codes”